Monday, September 24, 2007

I really hate working so far away from home. I never get to attend any of the special events at Buddy's school and that makes me sad. He has a bowling party coming up for selling 45 items for the school fundraiser. It was funny how it came about. The fundraiser chairwoman (FCW) called me at work and said,

FCW: Buddy is 4 items away from being eligible for the bowling party!
Me: What bowling party?
FCW: Oh, they didn't really advertise it, but if Buddy can sell 4 more items, he can go.
Me: Okay, give me a few minutes and I will email you when I get the 4 items sold.

I did what any self respecting mom would do. I got online (we've come a long way baby) and entered his code. I spent $50 on 4 items so he could go bowling (only 18 kids are getting to go). Yes, I could have bought 4 cheap items, but I bought things I really need. I really really need a silver plated business card holder with my initals on it. I really do. Well, that's what I told the husband anyway :-) I didn't want Buddy to be "left out" somehow. Truth be told, he's probably the only kid in his class going. NOW! I'm worried about the fact that he may be the only little kid there. AUGH! I never stop.

Am I the only one that has a child that would rather play with a crayon and a piece of paper than all of the toys that he has accumulated in his 4 years of life?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I like that you need a silver business card holder with your initals. :)